14 Open Positions
Catchy is a multi-disciplinary project between state-of-the-art laboratories and industries and utilize a unique combination of very advanced cluster (deposition) sources as well as in situ characterization and (electro) catalysis testing techniques combined with quantum chemistry theoretical investigation and screening.
It will offer a total of 14 Early Stage Research (ESR) PhD positions for 36 months in nanotechnology, physics, chemistry, computational quantum chemistry, and chemical engineering.
Catchy’s training programme is based on a strong collaboration between the public and the private sector and will combine local expert training at each academic and industrial partner, a network-wide secondment scheme, and an intense series of seminars, workshops and schools. Its goal is to provide each ESR employed in the network with a unique set of cross-cutting expertise & skills, as demanded by employers in nanoscience & nanotechnology both in academia and industry.
- The successful candidates will receive an attractive salary in accordance with the MSCA regulations for Early Stage Researchers. The exact (net) salary will be confirmed upon appointment and is dependent on local tax regulations and on the country correction factor (to allow for the difference in cost of living in different EU Member States). The salary includes a living allowance, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (if applicable). The guaranteed PhD funding is for 36 months (i.e. EC funding, additional funding could be possible depending on the local Supervisor and in accordance with the regular PhD time in the country of employment).
- Eligible candidates may be of any nationality but must not, at the time of recruitment have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 last years immediately prior to the reference date.
- Candidates must be, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date when they obtained the Master degree which would formally entitle them to embark on a doctorate within Catchy.
- Each ESR will have to organise one or several secondment(s) (temporary research exchange to another Catchy partner) for a total period varying from 4 to 6 months during the duration of his/her employment.
- Each ESR is expected to participate actively in the network tasks and organization of training/network events as well as in regular yearly Outreach Activities targeting different audiences.
- Good knowledge of the English language (fluently speaking and writing) is essential
- Recruitment, selection, appointments follow the European Charter & Code of Conduct .
- All Catchy partners commit themselves to stimulate equal opportunities for male & female ESRs.